Do Roulette Strategies Work?
Do Roulette Strategies even work? A question need players always ask. As one of the most popular and iconic casino games, it’s only natural that people try and get as a big of an edge as they can whilst playing roulette. Whilst some strategies have come and gone, others have remained for decades and are still used to this day. Even if you’re just someone who plays recreationally, having the knowledge about certain roulette strategies can help you when you next visit the casino. Discover more about roulette strategies, if they work and how the casinos house edge is affected by your gameplay.
Find the best casino sites to play here!
The strategies you can use
There are various types of strategies that you can use when it comes to roulette. These are: Progressive, Non-Progressive and Physical systems. We’re going to provide you with an insight into three Progressive Systems. These are the easiest to learn for beginners and experienced players. Learn about these systems in detail below:
- Martingale System. The Martingale system is the most commonly used strategy for roulette and is extremely easy to follow. For every losing bet that you have, you double your stake for the next spin. You have to do that until you make your money back. Once you’ve recovered your losses, you can start the process again from the beginning. This system is centred around even-money bets (1:1) including 1-18, 19-36, Red, Black, Odd and Even.
Although they are the safest bets to place, the strategy can be volatile as you may end up doubling your stake for five or more bets in a row. So, if you’re using this strategy, make sure your bankroll is deep enough to recover from losing spins. No matter what your background is with roulette, this system doesn’t require any mathematical skills and is simple to implement.
- D’Alembert System. Similar to the Martingale system, the D’Alembert system uses a simple approach that focuses around even money bets including Red/Black, Even/Odd, 1-18 and 19-36. However, this system isn’t as volatile as the Martingale system, so your bankroll won’t be affected anywhere near as much.
The concept behind this system is that for every losing spin, you’ll increase your stake by a small increment. And for every winning spin, you’ll reduce your stake by a small increment. This system is perfect if you’re a small stakes player who wants to play with as little risk as possible. The amount of money that you increase your stake by is completely up to you. But if you’re risking only 1% of your bankroll with each spin, you’ll be in a comfortable position.
- Paroli System – Another strategy that has built its concept around the Martingale system is the Paroli system, which is more commonly known as the Reverse Martingale. For every winning bet, you double your stake for the next bet allowing you to build a bankroll quicker whilst on a good run. However, when you hit a losing spin, you reset your strategy and start betting again with the smallest stake.
This strategy is used for even money bets such as: Red/Black, Even/Odd, 1-18 and 19-36. Although this system can be used for a variety of casino games, it’s main use applies to roulette. You can still go on volatile swings with this system, but majority of your losing spins will be covered by your winnings or will be on your lowest stake.
How the casino will always have an edge
Although there’re a variety of strategies that you can use to give yourself a better chance of winning at the tables, remember that the casino will always have an edge over you. The basic house edge on American double-zero wheels is 5.26%, whereas the basic house edge on European single-zero wheels is 2.7%. That’s not to say that the strategies we’ve provided you with can’t help you in the short-term, but in the long-term the casino is always going to win. Just hope that they’re winning against someone else rather than you.
Tips for Roulette Strategies
Once you’ve adapted to the specific strategy you’ve decided to use at the tables, it’s important to know some of the basics to make sure you’re responsible during real money play. Here’s a few tips to keep in mind:
Stick to a limit
- Stick to a limit – By sticking to a limit at the tables, you won’t get in trouble if the worst-case scenario happens. It’s easy to have a different mindset when you’re away from the table, but by sticking to a limit you’ll stop yourself from chasing losses and losing even more. One thing that you can do is that if you hit a big winning spin, you can put some of those profits into your pocket and play with your remaining chips.
Stay in control
- Stay in control – Staying in control is difficult, especially when the adrenaline is pumping and you’re in front of the wheel. However, if you’re unable to control your emotions, you’ll soon see your chip stack dwindling down. Stick to a certain stake, don’t chase your losses and keep your emotions in check.
Try your luck
- You can try your luck – Although we’ve gone through effective roulette strategies above, sometimes trying your luck and taking a risk isn’t a bad idea. If you’re having a winning session and want to take your chances on a big spin, go for it. It’s understandable that sometimes you might just want to enjoy the game and chase a big win. However, just make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons and you can afford to do it.
Free Slots Sites go hunting for the best online casinos, free slots sites, free spins no deposit no wager sites and get you the best slot sites and best UK slots out there. So, stay tuned and come back for the weekly updates!